Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: micro mill, mini mill, small mill . . X1, X2, X3,

  • proscalebrass@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 6, 2005
      Mike and all:

      I just did the unthinkable.  I said that I know there is an X1, and X2 and a X3. I put in the browser and changed the 3 and put in a 4. Guess what I got? http://www.siegind.com/mill/MILL-4.htm

      I couldn't believe my eyes. A larger machine. Table size of apprx. 28" X 8". Cross travel of 7 3/4" X 29 3/4".  Available with power feed. I don't know weights. As 370 KG.??? Only drawback is the "round" shaft instead of "square".

      Anyone heard of this one?
      Where would you search for an importer? Apparently this machine is availabel in sets of 8 including stands fiting into the standard 20' container.

      Does kinda make U drule!

      John
    • Dave J
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 6, 2005
        Well obviously there are larger machines, if you need a
        larger machine. Grizzly offers about 25 different mills
        and HF offers about a dozen...

        --- proscalebrass@a... wrote:
        > Mike and all:
        >
        > I just did the unthinkable. I said that I know there
        > is an X1, and X2 and a X3. I put in the browser and
        > changed the 3 and put in a 4. Guess what I got?
        > [...]
      • Chris Baugher
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 6, 2005
          On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 proscalebrass@... wrote:

          > (http://www.siegind.com/mill/MILL-4.htm)
          >
          > I couldn't believe my eyes. A larger machine. Table size of apprx. 28" X 8".
          > Cross travel of 7 3/4" X 29 3/4". Available with power feed. I don't know
          > weights. As 370 KG.??? Only drawback is the "round" shaft instead of
          > "square".

          How about this one?

          http://www.lathemaster.com/HEAVYDUTYMILLINGMACHINE%207045FG.htm

          It's not exactly the same but similar.

          > Anyone heard of this one?
          > Where would you search for an importer? Apparently this machine is availabel
          > in sets of 8 including stands fiting into the standard 20' container.

          Never seen the X4 before. None of the typical importers have anything
          that looks like that.

        • proscalebrass@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 6, 2005
            Well Mr Gault,

            You are right. We are "all" aware of Griz, Enco and the likes but not many are aware of this larger machine. However, isn't is nice to be able to explore the new listings of other machines.

            Happy machining.

            John
          • Dave J
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2005
              Yes, but there a huge number of machines in China that
              are never imported here. Rather pointless to look at
              them unless you know they are imported into your country
              isn't it?

              http://www.littlemachineshop.com/photos/images/PICT0175.JPG

              Regards,
              Dave

            • proscalebrass@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2005
                Hi Dave,

                Thanks for your comments.

                However, I wouldn't say that it was "rather pointless" if you do not know if the machine is imported or not. This is the reason we ask about these things. How am I supposed to know if it is imported or not? You yourself probably don't know that for sure???  I have had one e-mail that said he thought this X4 machine is imported by some small company up in the New England states. He is going to check this out for me. I hope he is right. But I don't know for sure?

                You know, I thought this was to try to help each other and be considerate and helpful and not to tear down another person's questions or suggestions?  Hey, I see things sometimes that other people say that I know the answer and wonder why he or she doesn't but there are things that that person may know that none of us do. This is a broad street and I would like to be able to learn from others and be comfortable doing so.

                I am in the manufacturing business of building custom cars and some locos in brass. I have been doing this for over 25 years. I make parts. I have them made. I put together subassemblies. However, I use normally larger mills and lathes for this. I do have a Griz-Minimill also.

                John
              • Dave J
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2005
                  Sorry John, it was not clear to me that you had already
                  looked at all the mills that are known to be available
                  and had already rejected all of them, nor did I
                  understand your specific interest in the X4.

                  http://www.littlemachineshop.com/photos/images/PICT0216.JPG

                  Regards,
                  Dave