Re: Re, Horizontal Table

  • Dave J
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
      Sure, I just ordered the 6" PhaseII 220-006 from Enco for $165.
      They had the H/V version for about $220 but over the holidays
      it just jumped to $242 so I wimped out and went with the
      horizontal table.

      http://www.phase2plus.com/details.asp?pr=PRECISION%20ROTARY%20TABLES&id=55

      --- "catfish7251" <cleon@m...> wrote:

      > Sorry about posting on your message Dave, my fingers were
      > moving faster than my eyes.
      >
      > Where did you buy the horizontal table?
      > Do you have the part #.
      > Thanks
      > Catfish.
    • Dave J
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2005
        Well maybe the horizontal table wasn't such a good idea?
        My initial oiling experience seems to indicate that the
        oil can run out under the table if you set it up vertical.
        Now maybe if the oil level is low enough it wouldn't leak?
        Do H/V tables leak if turned upside down? Base to center
        on the PhaseII H/V is 4.92" and on this H set up vertical
        it would be perhaps a tenth more (if feasible). Oiling
        instructions seem a bit vague. "fill base cavity with oil
        using the oil zerts on base, table, and oil plug. Unscrew
        oil plug prior to lubrication." Well fine, I see one oil
        fitting (with the spring-loaded ball) on the side of the
        table. I don't see any others. I suppose the type of oil
        doesn't matter enough to mention?

        Dave
      • Dave J
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26 5:59 PM
          I should update this. PhaseII claims that a horizontal
          table should not leak any more than a H/V table at any
          particular angle. Either will leak if angled improperly
          or if overfilled with oil.

          Dave