Re: First removal of end mill holder - so how tight is tight?

  • Alan Dawes
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Greg <gregas@c...> wrote:
      > Jim E. wrote:
      >
      > >Being a veteran mini-mill owner, I can attest to the truth of both
      your
      > >statements. In fact, I made the LMS spindle lock pin
      > >http://www.littlemachineshop.com/Projects/SpindlePin.php to ensure
      the
      > >latter never happens again.
      > >

      > Lucky me...I screwed up and left the pin in for the first time last

      > night. No broken gears, just a loud hum and a frantic grab for the
      panic
      > button.

      Been there, done that! I immediately attached a long piece of thread
      under the screw on the handle of the 'pin' with a bit of plastic
      sprue tied to the other end of the thread. Now when I use the 'pin'
      the dangling thread reminds me to jam the plastic sprue in the
      surround of the emergency stop button so I cann't turn on the mill
      without remembering to remove the sprue and the 'pin'.

      Alan
    • Jim E.
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 4, 2004
        Got a pic you can share? This sounds interesting.

        Graciously,
        Jim
        Lakewood, CA
        All Hail Rube Goldberg!