Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Viruses

  • Rex Bosse
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 29, 2004
      I think you are doing a GREAT job! Keep it up! The
      group is very readable, the posts are good and I'm
      learning a lot

      Thank you for your efforts
      Rex Bosse

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/RUTolB/TM

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      > --------------------~-->
      > Toolbar.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/RUTolB/TM

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Dave Jarzyna
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2004
        DIDNOT MEAN TO START A THREAD......
        It is true that with the settings we have on the group, all new
        member's first postings are moderated ... that is they go into the
        pending folder until Barry or I go review them. I typically upgrade
        any "On-Topic" message sender to un-moderated & approve their
        message. ( I may miss the upgrade to un-moderated once in a while -
        but within a short period of that new member's activity within the
        group as a poster that member WILL be upgraded.
        Perhaps Jim & Dave H are right about Banning... I'll look to the
        Wild names & spammish isps in the address & tone down the Banning....
        After all even if the same spammer were to post again the message
        gets trapped into the Pending folder....
        Dave Jarzyna - Moderator

        If all agree - LETS NOT DWELL ON THIS SUBJECT ANYMORE......

        PS - I also do all this at the group site - not in my HIGHLY
        PROTECTED Outlook - - My workstation is also LOADED with
        sophisticated active virus protection. DRJ

        --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "jjfear" <jjfear@i...> wrote:
        > Barry,
        >
        > I have to agree with Dave Hylands. I reported the apparent virus
        from
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3, 2004
          Thanks Dave. I will adopt your policy. Just as long as
          it does not become a part time job for me.

          Thanks again

          Barry Young

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2004
            Wow. Thanks Rex.

            Barry Young

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 3, 2004
              I agree with him too Jerry.

              I am waiting for a shumatech board for my mill. I
              noticed your name on the shumatech group. What a small
              world we now have thanks to this amazing medium.

              Barry Young

            • jjfear
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3, 2004
                Hi Barry
                Actually, when I first saw you post on the Shumatech group, I started
                to welcome you aboard, but before I could reply, too many messages
                went by.

                I was really surprised that you hadn't been there before. Scott
                actually announced the design of the DRO 350 on this group at the very
                beginning, while he was trying to determine if there would be a demand.

                I was able to order one of the semifinished kits, and absolutely love
                it. I had a 3-axis DRO on my mill that used chinese scales as
                encoders, so all I had to do was plug them in to the 350. There is
                just no comparison between it and my previous system, which only read
                positions.

                For those on the group who don't know what Barry and I are talking
                about, venture over to:

                http://www.shumatech.com

                There is a Yahoo group too and you'll find a link there. Usual
                disclaimers, but I can tell you that once you use something like this,
                you'l never do without again.

                wrote:

                > I agree with him too Jerry.
                >
                > I am waiting for a shumatech board for my mill. I
                > noticed your name on the shumatech group. What a small
                > world we now have thanks to this amazing medium.
                >
                > Barry Young

              • jjfear
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2004
                  I just went back and looked. Scott's first posting was message 2322,
                  posted on July 30, 2003, almost a year ago. That message will explain
                  what we are talking about.

                  Jerry Fear

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 5, 2004
                    Thanks Jerry:

                    No, I had never heard of the 350 before. I must have
                    been busy and missed an entire thread.

                    I am very impatiently waiting my pcb and overlay. I
                    have received the electronic parts from Mouser and
                    Digikey, I have placed orders for the scales direct
                    from China.

                    I am very ready to start construction.

                    Thanks Jerry, I am happy to hear you like your DRO.
                    Makes me feel better about my decision.

                    Barry Young