Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Hardinge Vertical/Horizontal Mill

  • eabel78050@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2001
      Thank you for all the replies.

      My checking in with the NJ Sobel Brothers machine Co. yesterday indicated
      that they do not have either the "Overarm" nor the support "Bracket" for
      Hardinge UM horizontal milling machine. I am still looking for those items
      as well as an operator's manual (Yesterday, I found out the hard way NOT to
      loosen the pull screws holding up the idler pulley (I still haven't found
      small enough fingers to hold the pulleys in place while I position and reset
      the screws; but I will!).

      Again, thanks. I should be making a "Keystone Cops" blunder movie out of my
      trials; you'd all love it!

      Ed
    • ben5002001@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2001
        --- In GrizHFMinimill@y..., eabel78050@a... wrote:
        > Thank you for all the replies.
        >
        > My checking in with the NJ Sobel Brothers machine Co. yesterday
        indicated
        > that they do not have either the "Overarm" nor the
        support "Bracket" for
        > Hardinge UM horizontal milling machine. I am still looking for
        those items
        > as well as an operator's manual (Yesterday, I found out the hard
        way NOT to
        > loosen the pull screws holding up the idler pulley (I still haven't
        found
        > small enough fingers to hold the pulleys in place while I position
        and reset
        > the screws; but I will!).
        >
        > Again, thanks. I should be making a "Keystone Cops" blunder movie
        out of my
        > trials; you'd all love it!

        someone has probably said this already, but about the two speed three
        phase motor, only one winding is energized at any one time, using two
        interlocking motor starters cnnected to the two sets of motor
        leads.The setup would not allow the starters both to be energized at
        the same time. As long as a variable freqency (speed) inverter of the
        proper input and output voltage and phase is connected to the correct
        leads for one winding of the motor, it will work and of course with
        the inverter's variable speed you don't need the two speed function.
        However, if one of the motor windings should short out or open up,
        you might be able to use the other and still use the motor.