Re: Reverse rotation on a HF mini mill

  • jjfear
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 5, 2003
      Power untapping. ;-)

      Jerry Fear

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...> wrote:
      > Power tapping. Rick
      >
      > At 03:57 AM 12/4/03 -0800, you wrote:
      >

      > >A simple Double-Pole-Double-Throw toggle switch between the motor
      leads
      > >and Drive PCB should do it. Don't see an application for it though.
      > ...snip...
      > > From the desk of:
      > >Cletus L. Berkeley, MIEEE
    • Rick Kruger
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
        That was included in what I meant... :-)

        Rick

        At 01:33 AM 12/6/03 +0000, you wrote:
        >Power untapping. ;-)
        >
        >Jerry Fear
        >

        >--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...> wrote:
        > > Power tapping. Rick
        > >
        > > At 03:57 AM 12/4/03 -0800, you wrote:
        > >

        > > >A simple Double-Pole-Double-Throw toggle switch between the motor
        >leads
        > > >and Drive PCB should do it. Don't see an application for it though.
        > > ...snip...
        > > > From the desk of:
        > > >Cletus L. Berkeley, MIEEE
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • jjfear
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
          Actusally, i thought you'd tell me you were doing left hand threads.

          Jerry

          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...> wrote:
          > That was included in what I meant... :-)
          >
          > Rick
          >
          > At 01:33 AM 12/6/03 +0000, you wrote:
          > >Power untapping. ;-)
          > >
          > >Jerry Fear
          > >

          > >--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...>
          wrote:
          > > > Power tapping. Rick

          > >leads
          > > > ...snip...
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • kmcmachineworks
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 8, 2003
            Also there are reverse cutter drills and end mills as well as fly
            cutting applications which all depends on if the cut you need to make
            shoots chips in the wrong direction {like your face....} you can use
            the opposite type cutter and send them the other way.

            KMc
          • kmcmachineworks
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 8, 2003
              2nd try at this post/reply

              Also there are reverse drills and end mills as well as fly cutting
              applications which all depends on if the cut you need to make shoots
              chips in the wrong direction {your faceĀ…} you can use the opposite
              type cutter and send them the other way.

              KMc
            • wmgeorge2002
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 27, 2004
                So for drilling and tapping, variable speed, and reversing the power
                to back the tap out... done lots of time on my VFD equipped big mill-
                drill.
                How does this this work out on the Mini-Mill Drill? I need to
                downsize my shop to make room for another project. B.G.

                -- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "kmcmachineworks"
                <kmcmachineworks@y...> wrote:
                > Also there are reverse cutter drills and end mills as well as fly
                > cutting applications which all depends on if the cut you need to
                make
                > shoots chips in the wrong direction {like your face....} you can
                use
                > the opposite type cutter and send them the other way.
                >

                > KMc
              • Jerry S.
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 29, 2004
                  B.G.
                      If you got $100 you can buy a Mill/Drill Tapping Attachment w/auto reverse from H.F. item# 46343-0mja. That seems a little costly unless you are doing a lot of tapping. I have used one when I did that for a living and it works great.
                  Jerry S.
                  Hell, MI