Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Reverse rotation on a HF mini mill

  • Rick Kruger
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 5, 2003
      Power tapping. Rick

      At 03:57 AM 12/4/03 -0800, you wrote:

      >A simple Double-Pole-Double-Throw toggle switch between the motor leads
      >and Drive PCB should do it. Don't see an application for it though.
      ...snip...
      > From the desk of:
      >Cletus L. Berkeley, MIEEE
    • jjfear
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 5, 2003
        Power untapping. ;-)

        Jerry Fear

        --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...> wrote:
        > Power tapping. Rick
        >
        > At 03:57 AM 12/4/03 -0800, you wrote:
        >

        > >A simple Double-Pole-Double-Throw toggle switch between the motor
        leads
        > >and Drive PCB should do it. Don't see an application for it though.
        > ...snip...
        > > From the desk of:
        > >Cletus L. Berkeley, MIEEE
      • Rick Kruger
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
          That was included in what I meant... :-)

          Rick

          At 01:33 AM 12/6/03 +0000, you wrote:
          >Power untapping. ;-)
          >
          >Jerry Fear
          >

          >--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...> wrote:
          > > Power tapping. Rick
          > >
          > > At 03:57 AM 12/4/03 -0800, you wrote:
          > >

          > > >A simple Double-Pole-Double-Throw toggle switch between the motor
          >leads
          > > >and Drive PCB should do it. Don't see an application for it though.
          > > ...snip...
          > > > From the desk of:
          > > >Cletus L. Berkeley, MIEEE
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • jjfear
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
            Actusally, i thought you'd tell me you were doing left hand threads.

            Jerry

            --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...> wrote:
            > That was included in what I meant... :-)
            >
            > Rick
            >
            > At 01:33 AM 12/6/03 +0000, you wrote:
            > >Power untapping. ;-)
            > >
            > >Jerry Fear
            > >

            > >--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kruger <krugerr@p...>
            wrote:
            > > > Power tapping. Rick

            > >leads
            > > > ...snip...
            > >

            > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • kmcmachineworks
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 8, 2003
              Also there are reverse cutter drills and end mills as well as fly
              cutting applications which all depends on if the cut you need to make
              shoots chips in the wrong direction {like your face....} you can use
              the opposite type cutter and send them the other way.

              KMc
            • kmcmachineworks
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 8, 2003
                2nd try at this post/reply

                Also there are reverse drills and end mills as well as fly cutting
                applications which all depends on if the cut you need to make shoots
                chips in the wrong direction {your faceĀ…} you can use the opposite
                type cutter and send them the other way.

                KMc
              • wmgeorge2002
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 27, 2004
                  So for drilling and tapping, variable speed, and reversing the power
                  to back the tap out... done lots of time on my VFD equipped big mill-
                  drill.
                  How does this this work out on the Mini-Mill Drill? I need to
                  downsize my shop to make room for another project. B.G.

                  -- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "kmcmachineworks"
                  <kmcmachineworks@y...> wrote:
                  > Also there are reverse cutter drills and end mills as well as fly
                  > cutting applications which all depends on if the cut you need to
                  make
                  > shoots chips in the wrong direction {like your face....} you can
                  use
                  > the opposite type cutter and send them the other way.
                  >

                  > KMc
                • Jerry S.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 29, 2004
                    B.G.
                        If you got $100 you can buy a Mill/Drill Tapping Attachment w/auto reverse from H.F. item# 46343-0mja. That seems a little costly unless you are doing a lot of tapping. I have used one when I did that for a living and it works great.
                    Jerry S.
                    Hell, MI