Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Any interest?

  • boiade@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 25, 2003
      In a message dated 10/30/2003 6:56:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, ljack70117@... writes:

      Europe is doing.

      Actually, in the EU, our labor costs are quite a bit higher than yours.  We are required to provide our employees with a minimum of 6 weeks vacation (many have 8 weeks), healthcare is a requirement, retirement guarantees each worker (all are covered) earning under 36,000 euro a year, 80% of that in annual retirement benefits and it only falls to 60% when you hit about 100,000 euro a year.  That is expensive to fund!

      We could not compete with China or the US making the same things.  We have to produce items of a different type or clearly different quality, i.e Ferrari, Mercedes, Armani, Rolex, etc.
    • Fred Walter
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 8, 2003
        --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, mdavister2@c... wrote:
        > I was thinking of making a custom milling machine to overcome
        > some of the shortcomings of the Mini Mill.

        Don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have to - have you looked at:

        It looks like a really cool metal-working machine.