G8689/HF44991 Electronics The Same?

  • dbird_bull
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2013
      Looking for schematics for the HF 44991. Does anyone know if the electronics for the G8689 are the same as for the 44991?

      Thanks,

      Dave
    • a rien
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2013
        I believe that LMS has the schematics posted on their site.

        Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] G8689/HF44991 Electronics The Same?
        To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2013

          Dave:

          The boards are probably interchangeable, but may well be different. Many versions over the years.

          Regards,

          Chris Wood
          LittleMachineShop.com

          The premier source of tooling, parts, and accessories for bench top machinists.
          396 W. Washington Blvd. #500, Pasadena, CA 91103
          (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)797-7934

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 22, 2013

            I printed off the G8689 layouts and schematics to compare. The boards are not the same at all. There is no daughter board on my 44991 at all. But, there is a little board on the side that appears to do nothing but power the fan.

            Still poking around.

            Thanks for the replies.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2013

              Near as I can tell, they only have the overall wiring of the machine. Nothing on the schematics of the controller itself.

              Thanks,

              Dave

              To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 22, 2013
                That is correct. The little board only provided 12VDC for the small fan. I used one of these to power a tachometer for my lathe.

                Later.... Randy S
                Practice random kindness and commit senseless acts of beauty.