Squeal

  • John Lindo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2013
      This is an email forwarded from Hugh of Amadeal.Hope this helps.

      John,
      could you forward the email below to the GrizHFMiniMill forum – I’m having a problem with my email account registered with it!

      hello Bill,
      as has been mentioned already, the leadscrew nut could be highly suspect.
      If you’ve had the noise from day 1, then the nut may have been tightened in the factory out of alignment to the plate which is an interface between column and head. If the noise is recent then the nut may just be loose. It’s straightforward to fix – although we’re used to the Real Bull and Weiss machines and the Sieg might be different but I would imagine that the head needs to come off from that plate where you should see how to tighten the nut. Loosen it first if tight, then tighten it to the optimum position by turning the l/screw handle.
      Failing that, you’ll need to examine the bevel gear but how you get to that I would not know as the brands mentioned above have the handle up top.
      Hope that helps,
      Hugh
      Amadeal London UK