Re: [GrizHFMinimill] G0704mill group

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
      I will go and check my other groups.

      Barry

      From: Harvey White <madyn@...>
      To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:09 PM
      Subject: Re: [GrizHFMinimill] G0704mill group

      On 26 Sep 2013 17:44:27 -0700, you wrote:

      >Sorry to be off topic, but I don't know who to contact. Yahoo has not helped. I recently joined this group, moderated by Barry Young. When I accessed the group today the last post was in July. I sent a message to the group a week ago. There is nothing there from me.

      This message arrived.  Yahoo has changed things considerably, and I
      have heard of a few cases where messages have not arrived.  I've had
      that happen on some other groups.

      If you are moderated, (which all new users are supposed to be), then
      the moderator(s) (there's one, that's me) and the Owner (Barry) get an
      email message telling us that there is a message to be approved.  We
      generally do unless it's an advertisement of some sort (pills, Chinese
      products, etc).

      After a while, when you prove (and it doesn't take long) that you are
      not a person who posts spam, you're switched to unmoderated.

      It's likely that your post has been lost by yahoo.  That there are no
      posts since July is a surprise to me, and obviously wrong.

      There's not much that I know of that can be done at the yahoo level,
      but I generally check my email 2 or 3 times a day, and approve what
      messages there are, so you should not have a long delay if you are
      moderated.

      so.....  You're getting through, no idea what happened to the last
      message.  I suggest (rather strongly) that you select individual
      emails for this group, which at least keeps you off of the website and
      away from the new interface.  My own email client is Agent, which
      reads emails with (at best) limited HTML and does quite well with text
      only.  I can suggest text only as well.

      Hope this helps.

      Harvey

      >Does anyone know what is the explanation for this situation, or how to fix this?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)