Re: [GrizHFMinimill] G0704mill group

  • Harvey White
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
      On 26 Sep 2013 17:44:27 -0700, you wrote:

      >Sorry to be off topic, but I don't know who to contact. Yahoo has not helped. I recently joined this group, moderated by Barry Young. When I accessed the group today the last post was in July. I sent a message to the group a week ago. There is nothing there from me.

      This message arrived. Yahoo has changed things considerably, and I
      have heard of a few cases where messages have not arrived. I've had
      that happen on some other groups.

      If you are moderated, (which all new users are supposed to be), then
      the moderator(s) (there's one, that's me) and the Owner (Barry) get an
      email message telling us that there is a message to be approved. We
      generally do unless it's an advertisement of some sort (pills, Chinese
      products, etc).

      After a while, when you prove (and it doesn't take long) that you are
      not a person who posts spam, you're switched to unmoderated.

      It's likely that your post has been lost by yahoo. That there are no
      posts since July is a surprise to me, and obviously wrong.

      There's not much that I know of that can be done at the yahoo level,
      but I generally check my email 2 or 3 times a day, and approve what
      messages there are, so you should not have a long delay if you are
      moderated.

      so..... You're getting through, no idea what happened to the last
      message. I suggest (rather strongly) that you select individual
      emails for this group, which at least keeps you off of the website and
      away from the new interface. My own email client is Agent, which
      reads emails with (at best) limited HTML and does quite well with text
      only. I can suggest text only as well.

      Hope this helps.

      Harvey

      >Does anyone know what is the explanation for this situation, or how to fix this?
    • grantfair2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013

        Harvey - Thanks for the reply. My post was unclear, when I referred to "this group" I meant what I put in the Re: field, which was G0704mill. I checked and the last post I can see in that group is August 22. I also confused the G0704mill group with the G0704 group in that Barry Young's name is at the end of the introductory comments, so I assumed he was the moderator, and I knew I had seen his name on this (grizhfminimill) group. The last post I can see in the G0704 group was in July.

        Sorry for my confusion; I blame it all on Neo <g>.

        I have sent a "suggestion" to Yahoo that they fix this problem, but it persists, and they did not acknowledge my message to them.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
          On 27 Sep 2013 12:09:57 -0700, you wrote:

          >Harvey - Thanks for the reply. My post was unclear, when I referred to "this group" I meant what I put in the Re: field, which was G0704mill. I checked and the last post I can see in that group is August 22. I also confused the G0704mill group with the G0704 group in that Barry Young's name is at the end of the introductory comments, so I assumed he was the moderator, and I knew I had seen his name on this (grizhfminimill) group. The last post I can see in the G0704 group was in July.

          Ah, well, not associated with that, so I can claim ignorance and
          justifiably so. Always nice when that happens.

          Your posts here are without moderation and appear just fine...

          >Sorry for my confusion; I blame it all on Neo <g>.

          Works for me, I'm not happy with the interface, even for moderators of
          a group. Lots of options seem to be missing.

          Barry is the owner of this group, I am (so far) the only moderator.

          Harvey

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
            The G0704 group is a little slow getting started.

            So was this one.

            May I help you in some way?

            Barry Young

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
              I will go and check my other groups.

              Barry

              On 26 Sep 2013 17:44:27 -0700, you wrote:

              >Sorry to be off topic, but I don't know who to contact. Yahoo has not helped. I recently joined this group, moderated by Barry Young. When I accessed the group today the last post was in July. I sent a message to the group a week ago. There is nothing there from me.

              This message arrived.  Yahoo has changed things considerably, and I
              have heard of a few cases where messages have not arrived.  I've had
              that happen on some other groups.

              If you are moderated, (which all new users are supposed to be), then
              the moderator(s) (there's one, that's me) and the Owner (Barry) get an
              email message telling us that there is a message to be approved.  We
              generally do unless it's an advertisement of some sort (pills, Chinese
              products, etc).

              After a while, when you prove (and it doesn't take long) that you are
              not a person who posts spam, you're switched to unmoderated.

              It's likely that your post has been lost by yahoo.  That there are no
              posts since July is a surprise to me, and obviously wrong.

              There's not much that I know of that can be done at the yahoo level,
              but I generally check my email 2 or 3 times a day, and approve what
              messages there are, so you should not have a long delay if you are
              moderated.

              so.....  You're getting through, no idea what happened to the last
              message.  I suggest (rather strongly) that you select individual
              emails for this group, which at least keeps you off of the website and
              away from the new interface.  My own email client is Agent, which
              reads emails with (at best) limited HTML and does quite well with text
              only.  I can suggest text only as well.

              Hope this helps.

              Harvey

              >Does anyone know what is the explanation for this situation, or how to fix this?

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)