G0704mill group

  • grantfair2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013

      Sorry to be off topic, but I don't know who to contact. Yahoo has not helped. I recently joined this group, moderated by Barry Young. When I accessed the group today the last post was in July. I sent a message to the group a week ago. There is nothing there from me.

      Does anyone know what is the explanation for this situation, or how to fix this?

    • Harvey White
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
        On 26 Sep 2013 17:44:27 -0700, you wrote:

        >Sorry to be off topic, but I don't know who to contact. Yahoo has not helped. I recently joined this group, moderated by Barry Young. When I accessed the group today the last post was in July. I sent a message to the group a week ago. There is nothing there from me.

        This message arrived. Yahoo has changed things considerably, and I
        have heard of a few cases where messages have not arrived. I've had
        that happen on some other groups.

        If you are moderated, (which all new users are supposed to be), then
        the moderator(s) (there's one, that's me) and the Owner (Barry) get an
        email message telling us that there is a message to be approved. We
        generally do unless it's an advertisement of some sort (pills, Chinese
        products, etc).

        After a while, when you prove (and it doesn't take long) that you are
        not a person who posts spam, you're switched to unmoderated.

        It's likely that your post has been lost by yahoo. That there are no
        posts since July is a surprise to me, and obviously wrong.

        There's not much that I know of that can be done at the yahoo level,
        but I generally check my email 2 or 3 times a day, and approve what
        messages there are, so you should not have a long delay if you are
        moderated.

        so..... You're getting through, no idea what happened to the last
        message. I suggest (rather strongly) that you select individual
        emails for this group, which at least keeps you off of the website and
        away from the new interface. My own email client is Agent, which
        reads emails with (at best) limited HTML and does quite well with text
        only. I can suggest text only as well.

        Hope this helps.

        Harvey

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013

          Harvey - Thanks for the reply. My post was unclear, when I referred to "this group" I meant what I put in the Re: field, which was G0704mill. I checked and the last post I can see in that group is August 22. I also confused the G0704mill group with the G0704 group in that Barry Young's name is at the end of the introductory comments, so I assumed he was the moderator, and I knew I had seen his name on this (grizhfminimill) group. The last post I can see in the G0704 group was in July.

          Sorry for my confusion; I blame it all on Neo <g>.

          I have sent a "suggestion" to Yahoo that they fix this problem, but it persists, and they did not acknowledge my message to them.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
            On 27 Sep 2013 12:09:57 -0700, you wrote:

            >Harvey - Thanks for the reply. My post was unclear, when I referred to "this group" I meant what I put in the Re: field, which was G0704mill. I checked and the last post I can see in that group is August 22. I also confused the G0704mill group with the G0704 group in that Barry Young's name is at the end of the introductory comments, so I assumed he was the moderator, and I knew I had seen his name on this (grizhfminimill) group. The last post I can see in the G0704 group was in July.

            Ah, well, not associated with that, so I can claim ignorance and
            justifiably so. Always nice when that happens.

            Your posts here are without moderation and appear just fine...

            >Sorry for my confusion; I blame it all on Neo <g>.

            Works for me, I'm not happy with the interface, even for moderators of
            a group. Lots of options seem to be missing.

            Barry is the owner of this group, I am (so far) the only moderator.

            Harvey

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
              The G0704 group is a little slow getting started.

              So was this one.

              May I help you in some way?

              Barry Young

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 27, 2013
                I will go and check my other groups.

                Barry

                On 26 Sep 2013 17:44:27 -0700, you wrote:

                >Sorry to be off topic, but I don't know who to contact. Yahoo has not helped. I recently joined this group, moderated by Barry Young. When I accessed the group today the last post was in July. I sent a message to the group a week ago. There is nothing there from me.

                This message arrived.  Yahoo has changed things considerably, and I
                have heard of a few cases where messages have not arrived.  I've had
                that happen on some other groups.

                If you are moderated, (which all new users are supposed to be), then
                the moderator(s) (there's one, that's me) and the Owner (Barry) get an
                email message telling us that there is a message to be approved.  We
                generally do unless it's an advertisement of some sort (pills, Chinese
                products, etc).

                After a while, when you prove (and it doesn't take long) that you are
                not a person who posts spam, you're switched to unmoderated.

                It's likely that your post has been lost by yahoo.  That there are no
                posts since July is a surprise to me, and obviously wrong.

                There's not much that I know of that can be done at the yahoo level,
                but I generally check my email 2 or 3 times a day, and approve what
                messages there are, so you should not have a long delay if you are
                moderated.

                so.....  You're getting through, no idea what happened to the last
                message.  I suggest (rather strongly) that you select individual
                emails for this group, which at least keeps you off of the website and
                away from the new interface.  My own email client is Agent, which
                reads emails with (at best) limited HTML and does quite well with text
                only.  I can suggest text only as well.

                Hope this helps.

                Harvey

                >Does anyone know what is the explanation for this situation, or how to fix this?

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)