Yahoo Neo

  • grantfair2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013

      Has Yahoo acknowledged that so many group members are extremely dissatisfied with Yahoo groups and Neo?

      Have they explained their motivation for the way the changes are being made? (No understanding of the point of view of group members. Providing no advance warning of planned changes? Providing no choice about becoming a Neon? (Neon is the Yahoo version of peon....<g>). Promising to fix problems and doing nothing apparent about them? Promising feedback to users with problems, but giving none? Not responding to the massive dissatisfaction that Neo has caused?

      One way those with the desire to create obedient citizens (or clients, customers, etc, is to create enormous uncertainty and confusion). That they have certainly done. If this is their intention, what is their actual agenda?

      The uncertainty and confusion they have created

    • Darren M
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
        Guys, I forgot to mention that for those of you running firefox and want to see your groups look and operate the old way (esp. if you are a moderator) then you need to install this plugin.....

        http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html

        Works great! But who knows for how long. I do know the people who designed this are doing what they can to make sure if Yahoo changes things that they can keep it working.

        Now if I could come up with a better way to de-NEO my email!

        Darren M.