Re[2]: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Yahoo Neo

  • David Robertson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 22, 2013
      hanermo,
      Apparently you never go to the site to look at the files or photos that are stored there? You are missing out on one of the greatest benefits of the group!!

      David

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013
        Even that can be problematic. NEO has a problem with e-mail written
        using HTML (in Windows Mail, it's under Tools-->Options-->Send). It
        doesn't interpret the HTML tags, instead including them as part of the
        e-mail's text. You see wierd stuff such as %20% and <p> imbedded in the
        message.

        Graciously,
        Jim E.
        Lakewood, Calif.
        All Hail Rube Goldberg!

        cnc sales (hanermo) wrote:
        > Its never bothered me in the slightest,
        > I never use any web interfaces, only email.

      • grantfair2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013

          Has Yahoo acknowledged that so many group members are extremely dissatisfied with Yahoo groups and Neo?

          Have they explained their motivation for the way the changes are being made? (No understanding of the point of view of group members. Providing no advance warning of planned changes? Providing no choice about becoming a Neon? (Neon is the Yahoo version of peon....<g>). Promising to fix problems and doing nothing apparent about them? Promising feedback to users with problems, but giving none? Not responding to the massive dissatisfaction that Neo has caused?

          One way those with the desire to create obedient citizens (or clients, customers, etc, is to create enormous uncertainty and confusion). That they have certainly done. If this is their intention, what is their actual agenda?

          The uncertainty and confusion they have created

        • Darren M
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
            Guys, I forgot to mention that for those of you running firefox and want to see your groups look and operate the old way (esp. if you are a moderator) then you need to install this plugin.....

            http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html

            Works great! But who knows for how long. I do know the people who designed this are doing what they can to make sure if Yahoo changes things that they can keep it working.

            Now if I could come up with a better way to de-NEO my email!

            Darren M.