Yahoo Neo

  • grantfair2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2013
      Yahoo has changed me to Neo, without consulting me. Anyone else here encountering this change?

      Some problems: I cannot view photos. I cannot post a message to the group while in the group. Reading messages is much more time consuming. There’s lots more.

      Grant

      Sent from Windows Mail

    • David Robertson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2013
        It has or will happen to everyone over time. Yahoo chooses when. No opting out. No way to go back to the old format.

        David

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 22, 2013
          Welcome to the nightmare! I have been dealing with NEO for over 3 months now, There are a few work arounds if you have firefox that will restore you to the old version for now in the groups. But the main thing is to fight Marissa MAyer tooth and nail to get this stopped. And a bunch of us are hard at it.

          This NEO nightmare has kept me from enjoying my machining groups much lately. I got the full treatment with NEO mail being the first slap in the face. It destroyed my enjoyment of the groups.

          Darren M.

          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "David Robertson" <davidr415@...> wrote:

          > It has or will happen to everyone over time. Yahoo chooses when. No
          > opting out. No way to go back to the old format.
          >
          > David

        • Ed Owens
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 22, 2013
            I no longer an acsess the group or  any other one I'm a member
          • cnc sales (hanermo)
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 22, 2013
              Its never bothered me in the slightest,
              I never use any web interfaces, only email.

              --
              -hanermo
            • David Robertson
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 22, 2013
                hanermo,
                Apparently you never go to the site to look at the files or photos that are stored there? You are missing out on one of the greatest benefits of the group!!

                David

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013
                  Even that can be problematic. NEO has a problem with e-mail written
                  using HTML (in Windows Mail, it's under Tools-->Options-->Send). It
                  doesn't interpret the HTML tags, instead including them as part of the
                  e-mail's text. You see wierd stuff such as %20% and <p> imbedded in the
                  message.

                  Graciously,
                  Jim E.
                  Lakewood, Calif.
                  All Hail Rube Goldberg!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013

                    Has Yahoo acknowledged that so many group members are extremely dissatisfied with Yahoo groups and Neo?

                    Have they explained their motivation for the way the changes are being made? (No understanding of the point of view of group members. Providing no advance warning of planned changes? Providing no choice about becoming a Neon? (Neon is the Yahoo version of peon....<g>). Promising to fix problems and doing nothing apparent about them? Promising feedback to users with problems, but giving none? Not responding to the massive dissatisfaction that Neo has caused?

                    One way those with the desire to create obedient citizens (or clients, customers, etc, is to create enormous uncertainty and confusion). That they have certainly done. If this is their intention, what is their actual agenda?

                    The uncertainty and confusion they have created

                  • Darren M
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
                      Guys, I forgot to mention that for those of you running firefox and want to see your groups look and operate the old way (esp. if you are a moderator) then you need to install this plugin.....

                      http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html

                      Works great! But who knows for how long. I do know the people who designed this are doing what they can to make sure if Yahoo changes things that they can keep it working.

                      Now if I could come up with a better way to de-NEO my email!

                      Darren M.