Re: Dead LMS powerfeed - Final Obituary?

  • Pete Brush
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2013
      Try connecting the drive motor directly to a low voltage DC power
      source, such as a laptop 'wall-wart',
      then see if the motor turns smoothly and evenly in both directions.
      Also, test the limit switches using an ohmmeter or continuity checker.
      If you believe the board is bad, I have had good luck repairing them in
      the past.
      Regards -Pete

      --
      Pete Brush (Olduhfguy)

      196 North Clary Road
      Jefferson, ME 04348

      email : Olduhfguy@...

      web : http://olduhfguy.com/
    • SirJohnOfYork
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2013
         I disconnected the leads to the motor (10w 24V) and used a 9v battery to test it in place on the mill table. It slowly moved the table one way and then the other when I reversed the leads. The motor seems fine.

         There are no limit switches. If it draws too much power like when it runs out of travel it faults and turns itself off, til the user hits the green reset button to get it going again.

         To include other replies from elsewhere, if I had and knew how to use an oscilloscope I likely would have simply fixed the stupid thing already. :-)