Re: [GrizHFMinimill] RE: Changing Spindle Bearings in a Real Bull

  • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 11, 2013
      The link works OK for me, try a search for ebay item 490033283738

      Malcolm

      Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
      The writing is on the wall.
      Ha-ktovet al ha-kir

      Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] RE: Changing Spindle Bearings in a Real Bull
      To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 2:31 AM

      Hi, Jim,
      That
      common hardware tool would have worked really well if I had
      known about it!  (I can't open the linked process;
      I get a "document not found" error.)
      That's a really great idea!
      Thanks,CharlieNew
      Jersey, US
    • tbn501s

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 15, 2013
          Apologies, try the ebay search for item 190596071177

          Malcolm

          Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
          The writing is on the wall.
          Ha-ktovet al ha-kir

          To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 8, 2013
            Just a final close to this subject... the replacement bearings finally arrived, and I installed them and reassembled the mill.  After correcting the fact that I didn't have the spindle q-u-i-t-e fully seated in the lower bearing, everything runs well and freely.  I've done a few projects with it and I'm happy with the outcome.  It was quite a learning experience... thanks to all here for their help and advice throughout the entire process!

            Charlie
            NJ, USA