Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Report on the First Annual GrizHFMinimill/Projects in Me...

  • hink48
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2013
      Get tired of having the BBQ there come to Oklahoma and we can have one here...lol Glad you-all had a great time.
      bill hinkle
      in Oklahoma

      In a message dated 8/19/2013 1:41:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time, barryjyoung@... writes:

      Hello Members:

      The BBQ was a smashing success. We had about 30 people show up for our potluck event. Mostly Machinists, Machinist Students, Machining Instructors and neighbors.

      We sent Tyler Youngblood off in the nicest way we could think of. We will miss him very much.

      There was mostly a several hours long question and answer period. We did film the threading demo however. Tyler set up the lathe for a 1"14 TPI thread using a tangential tool holder from Eccentric Engineering. The tool worked well, though you won't be able to tell it, we had the compound rest set at 59.5 degrees instead of 29.5.

      Three members from this group made it in addition to Tyler Youngblood, Ben Hopson and Neri Carmi

      Everybody had fun and it was a great time.

      Next year more members please.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2013
        Thanks for the invitation Bill

[...]

        Barry Young

      • a3sigma
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2013
          Folks here on the East Coast should be aware of the Chesapeake Area Metalworking Society:

          http://www.cams-club.org/

          and the annual yard sale and cookout coming up on September 14:

          http://www.cams-club.org/events/yardsale2013.html

          The yard sale is open to the public, cookout for members. Plenty of time to join -- it's free, just subscribe to the list and make a donation to defray the cost of food.

          If you're in the area, you do want to join. Great bunch of people, with an astonishing depth and breadth of knowledge and experience.

          David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA