DRO wiring diagram

  • mike kolacz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2013
    Does this look right? I think I take the green wires from the LD33v to the DRO's in parallel and then to the ground side of my 12v supply. Sorry for the rough drawing, I'm not too familiar with "paint"

    Mike
  • Rick Grimm
    Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
      Only 2 wires should be on each switch, no ground on the third terminal.
      Yes the voltage regulator ground goes to both the power supply ground and to the negative side of the DRO (and also the negative of the light ring), nothing needs to be grounded to the frame of the machine.

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, mike kolacz <mkolacz2000@...> wrote:

      > Does this look right? I think I take the green wires from the LD33v to the DRO's in parallel and then to the ground side of my 12v supply. Sorry for the rough drawing, I'm not too familiar with "paint"
      >
      > Mike

    • mike kolacz
      Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
        Thanks for the reply. I forgot to label the switches as lighted, hence the ground on the switches. I just finished the mounting brackets for my Z axis DRO last night. This is gittin' fun.
        Mike