Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Live Steam Locomotives - A Warning

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 23, 2013
      Also does not apply to amateur machining, back on topic.

      Barry

      Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 10:58 PM

          On 7/23/2013 8:01 AM, Malcolm Parker-Lisberg wrote:

                  Charlie

                    Look for the old Model Engineer articles, such
      as:

                    <http://www.neme-s.org/Model_Engineer_Files/>

                    The is an absolute mine of information in
      there, from
                    techniques to models.

                    There is a set of two CD discs of the articles
      floating
                    about on the web somewhere, dating from 1920,
      that were
                    scanned by the late James Early.

           A warning about nesting model train
      layouts:

          http://xkcd.com/878/

            Beware the Matryoshka limit!

           :-)

           Cheers,

           John Z.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          GrizHFMinimill-digest@yahoogroups.com
          GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • CLevinski
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 24, 2013
        Thanks to everyone for the comments on building steam engines and
        locomotives! I'm going to start looking into this as a retirement
        machining project...

        Many thanks,
        Charlie
      • Ralph
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 25, 2013
          Charlie
          You can find a lot of information and help on the Chaski live steam group.

          http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=0941c87b63c2f26dfb23ed9a382d7b87

          Ralph
          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "CLevinski" <clevinski@...> wrote:

          > Thanks to everyone for the comments on building steam engines and
          > locomotives! I'm going to start looking into this as a retirement
          > machining project...
          >
          > Many thanks,
          > Charlie

        • CLevinski