Re: No money for a power feed, but larger hand wheels?

  • peterantonvich
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 16, 2013
      I bet I could get some real smoke with my ebay controller and 60amps

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <akayton1@...> wrote:

      > A little over-kill but may work.
      >
      > On 16/07/13 10:03, Jwc C wrote:
      > > I would use a marine or automotive battery charger for the power
      > > supply...60 and 80 amps are common.
      > > JWCC8

    • Jwc C
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 16, 2013
        I meant to say "from .5 amps (trickle)  up to 60 or 80 amps (bulk) battery chargers are common " ...

        My message was addressed to the comment "problem child was and is the power supply side" and to identify a source of hi power that is easy to find and match to your requirements.
         PC computer power supplies are designed for strict voltage output regulation, low ripple, whereas motor controllers are not as critical.  Batteries are fine, but you still need a charger...

        I use (most of ) a 32 vdc @ 40A marine charger  to provide 42 VDC (pulses) bus bars for linear regulators custom made as required. Originally acquired for a foam cutter  for airfoil molds, it is now an unregulated source of DC power for the shop.  It also powers a drill motor that provides low rpms for my Jet 9x20 lathe's spindle.

        2n3055 transistors in parallel can be used as  power drivers for a  LM555 type IC configured as PWM logic signal (one of many options).

        jwcc8