RE: [GrizHFMinimill] 18 volt power

  • Floyd Burkett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2013
      I  picked up a used 18 volt laptop supply at the local Goodwill for $1.99, and an 18 volt drill for a few bucks too. I think the drill was $5.00. I did learn that the drill with the two speed switch on top don't work as well. Actually it didn't work at all for me. I purchased one of them for a  second project and when I took the motor out the gear box fell apart. I .pitched it in the trash and found another one that was an orange no name (China)  18 volt, but I think it was $5.99. Second power supply is a 19 volt laptop one, and the motor doesn't seem to mind the extra volt. Radio Shack had a female coaxial power jack to match the laptop power supply so I didn't have to cut the wires.

      Floyd