OT: Enco Shipping cost's etc Free MILL shipping..

  • Scott Dunt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2013
      Please forgive me if this is a little off topic, but I thought there was a discussion a while back about what mill to get and costs, shipping, etc.

      In the most recent Enco "hot deals" catalog, they have their Rong Fu round column mill on sale, AND, 'free shipping' which says:

      "free shipping" applies to select items that are identified in the current Enco Catalog. "free shipping" means standard ground (small parcel or TRUCK) shipment to a location within the continental US only.. Lift gate and other non-standard services will incur an additional charge, call for details.

      It looks like to me for $1400 you could get the bare bones RF mill delivered.. Of course you have to be able to get 645 pounds off the back of a semi trailer, but... Be creative..

      In my case I have a tractor - loader that makes that no sweat.  Maybe in your case you work somewhere with a fork lift, or you know someone, or you can slide someone at a full service lumberyard $50, or have the truck meet you at the rental yard and use their fork lift.  I am of course assuming once you get the mill off the semi and into a pickup or trailer you can partially dismantle it to move it, or use an engine hoist, etc.

      Again, just FYI, public service message and all of that. I don't work for Enco, I have bought some tooling from them in the past and it seems decent. I guess my floor model drill press is an Enco. When that showed up on the Semi, we popped the boxes open and took it off the truck in pieces, head, column, base, etc.
      --
      Scott Dunt