Re: Drill Chuck Removal

  • wa4lqn
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2002
      --- In GrizHFMinimill@y..., william474@a... wrote:
      > I'm not sure if it was this group or the mini lathe group that
      someone was
      > asking how to remove a drill chuck from a tapered arbor. I went to
      the
      > Jocobs chuck web site and they suggest using a couple of wedges
      between the
      > chuck body and the neck of the arbor. Someone indicated that these
      wedges
      > are cheap but I wasn't able to find anyone who carried them
      locally. So I
      > fired up my trusty mini-mill and turned out these wedges from a
      couple of
      > pieces of flat steel 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 2".
      >
      > Bill

      Howdy Bill and all. Just signed on to this site today and was reading
      all the posts. Appreciate the wedge strips you made. Looks great. The
      ones I have seen in the catalogue's are cheap to buy---except for the
      jt33 and they were high. May have missed an ad somewhere. Have
      Rutland,Enco,J&L, KBC,Victor and Wholesale tool catalogue's.
      BTW, Have the HF 44991 Mill and so far all is OK.
      Bill, Harrogate,Tn. WA4LQN
    • william474
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2002
        > jt33 and they were high.

        Bill,

        There are sure a lot of "Bill's" in the mini lathe/mill groups. The
        wedges were used on a Sears 13" floor drill press with a JT33 taper.
        They really worked well considering they were just "eyeballed" into
        shape.

        BillB
      • w_r_miller2001
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2002
          > There are sure a lot of "Bill's" in the mini lathe/mill groups.

          There sure are..... ;)

          Bill M.
        • Billy Moore
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2002

            Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 17:24
            Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Drill Chuck Removal

            > There are sure a lot of "Bill's" in the mini lathe/mill groups.

            There sure are..... ;)

            Bill M.

            Yep
            Billy Moore  (Bill)
            Harrogate,Tn.   WA4LQN

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2002
              Bill's are a good thing. My dad's name was Bill.

              Barry

              --- w_r_miller2001 <wmiller45@...> wrote:
              > > There are sure a lot of "Bill's" in the mini
              > lathe/mill groups.
              >
              > There sure are..... ;)
              >
              > Bill M.

              http://greetings.yahoo.com
            • jjfear
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 8, 2002
                Not when they come in window envelops and have to be paid. ;-)