time for a DRO..Shooting Star or Accurite

  • deere_x475guy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
      I am looking at the 3 axis shooting star from LSM or the 2 axis
      Accurite. Not sure I need the 3 axis as I already have the z taken
      care of. I see one difference is tha the Accurite has bolt hole
      patten capibilty. I am pretty new to this so I am looking for input
      from the group to help me decide.

      Thanks
      Bob
    • Cletus L. Berkeley
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        I bought a 2-axis Shooting Star DRO for my Grizzly G4000 Lathe and very happy with the system. I will eventually put a DRO on my Grizzly Mini-mill also and my first choice would be the Shooting Star.
        Cheers, Cletus

        deere_x475guy <boba@...> wrote:
        I am looking at the 3 axis shooting star from LSM or the 2 axis
        Accurite.  Not sure I need the 3 axis as I already have the z taken
        care of.  I see one difference is tha the Accurite has bolt hole
        patten capibilty.  I am pretty new to this so I am looking for input
        from the group to help me decide.

        Thanks
        Bob

        WARNING: This electronic mail (E-mail) document may contain privileged information intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and subsequently destroy the document/file. Unlawful copying and/or dissemination of the information/data contained herein may be treated as copyright infringement and prosecuted as such.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • deere_x475guy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
          Cletus, can you tell me if this DRO has tool offset for using an
          edge finder and if it will remember where you were at if turned off?

          Thanks
          Bob

          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Cletus L. Berkeley"
          <cberkeley@y...> wrote:
          > I bought a 2-axis Shooting Star DRO for my Grizzly G4000 Lathe and
          very happy with the system. I will eventually put a DRO on my Grizzly
          Mini-mill also and my first choice would be the Shooting Star.
          > Cheers, Cletus
          >
          > deere_x475guy <boba@a...> wrote:
          > I am looking at the 3 axis shooting star from LSM or the 2 axis
          > Accurite. Not sure I need the 3 axis as I already have the z taken
          > care of. I see one difference is tha the Accurite has bolt hole
          > patten capibilty. I am pretty new to this so I am looking for
          input
          > from the group to help me decide.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Bob