Re: iGaging T24xxx-series Stainless DROs with MicroMark 84360 Mill

  • bbass408
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
      I think those stainless ones are a new product which is why you're having a tough time finding info. I'd agree with the Shumatech group for being a good place to ask. I see no reason why they would not work. If you buy the right sizes and mount like Rick did (look for mini mill DRO on youtube) then you won't have to cut any stainless.
      They look really cool. I wonder if they'd live through a little lubricant shower? I'm also guessing based on the price point and the fact that the displays are the same that you would have the same auto-shut off. It's annoying. But, since they're always tracking their location, it's not that bad. A Shumatech display would solve that for a few hundred dollars.

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "sp7030" <tracktime99@...> wrote:

      > I'm kind of new to the world of mini-mills, but has anyone attempted to use the stainless version DROs from iGaging with their MiniMill?
      >
      > The stainless versions I am referring to are illustrated on this page from the Grizzly catalog:
      > http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2012/Main/703
      >
      > See models T24360, T24361-T24363. NOT T23xxx, which are the usual ones.
      >
      > I am wondering if their new T24xxx versions works any better/differently on a minimill than the usual iGaging DROs (T21xxx, T23xxx) that are well documented on this list and elsewhere.
      >
      > Do the new T24xxx-series DROs from iGaging NOT have that annoying auto-shut-off?
      >
      > I've done a search, and have not found much of anything that references the newer T24xxx iGaging DROs.
      >
      > Thanks for any help.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Harry

    • bbass408
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
        Forgot to mention...
        You can call iGaging tech support and speak to a really smart person who will answer any question you want. I found that amazing considering what the margins must be on those things.