need arbor?

  • Jerry [HM]
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012

      I recently purchased the LittleMachineShop.com Solid Column mini mill + Tooling package…etc.. (as well as the rotary table, dividing plate,  3-jaw chuck & tailstock package)..

      And it just dawned on me..that I don’t think I can even use the drill chuck that came with it??

      Looking at the contents:

      http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=4288&category=1387807683

      I don’t see an arbor listed?  I would need one to use this..correct?

      This the one I would need then:

      http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=1676

      Man.. same thing happened with rotary table kit.. (more parts are required to use out of box)..

      You need special t-nuts for the tail stock for the rotary table:

      http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3107&category=

      Would be nice if these simple parts were packaged with the kits….  At the VERY least.. a note on the product listing.. that you need to purchase more items for it to be used.

      Had I known.. I would have threw both in on the order (of close to $2k)..and used the already $160+ shipping fee I incurred. L

      How about it Chris?  J  start adding in the content of those kits…. (or make note on product page?)

      Thanks!

    • John Mattis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012
        If you look at the "Specifications" it lists at the bottom 1/2" drill chuck and arbor.
        John

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012
          It comes with it its listed in the features and contents pages and the main page. I have ordered many things from LMS and they have always treated me GREAT. The only thing I wish they had was a wish list, as I am always forgetting something I wanted that I looked at but was saving for another order. I think the confusion is because they don't ship them with the factory ones because they are junk.(on the machine only) So they have a better one and a choice of some others. LMS is a CLASS ACT

          --
          Mark Smith
        • Chris Wood
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012

            The arbor is in the package of tools and accessories with the mill.

            Regards,

            Chris Wood
            LittleMachineShop.com

            The premier source of tooling, parts, and accessories for bench top machinists.
            396 W. Washington Blvd. #500, Pasadena, CA 91103
            (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)797-7934