Sieg Rotary Table?

  • cyberace10242003
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2003
      I'm looking for a good quality rotary table with indexing. Does
      anyone have any experience with the Sieg table? Lathemaster has
      recently added it to their sight, but it appears (from the pictures)
      to be the same one that MicroMark sells. Suggestions about others to
      look at would also be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Steve P.
    • Chris Wood
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2003
        Steve:

        The SIEG table that Lathemaster sells is the same one that Micro-Mark sells.
        It is a good table, but the specs are not as good as one Lathemaster sells
        as a "precision" rotary table.

        You can see the specs for the "precision" RT here:
        http://www.littlemachineshop.com/info/rt_compare.php
        It is the RT we sell under the Phase II brand and as the Rotary Table, 4"
        H/V.

        The numbers for flatness, parallism and squareness on the SIEG RT are just
        about double what the numbers are on these tables. That's still not bad, and
        at Lathemaster's price may be a good deal.

        We no longer carry the SIEG RT because we sold it at the same price as the
        Rotary Table, 4" H/V.

        Regards,
        Chris Wood
        LittleMachineShop.com <www.littlemachineshop.com>
        The premier source of parts and accessories for mini lathes and mini mills.
        221 E. Walnut St. #110, Pasadena, CA 91101
        (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)584-5844

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2003
          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "cyberace10242003"
          <prows@p...> wrote:
          > I'm looking for a good quality rotary table with indexing. Does
          > anyone have any experience with the Sieg table? Lathemaster
          has
          > recently added it to their sight, but it appears (from the pictures)
          > to be the same one that MicroMark sells. Suggestions about
          others to
          > look at would also be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Steve P.

          Steve,
          I've got a Sieg RT set coming, so I'll let you all know!

          Larry
          New Orleans