Re: HF Micro Mill

  • Steve McQueen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2003
      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Bevar" <robasic@h...>
      wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Does any one here have or heard of HF's new Micro Mill they have
      for
      > $299? I need a mil bad but can't afford even the homier Mini Mill
      > right now for $399, but I can the Micro Mill.
      >
      > I wanted to see if anyone else had used it or played with it as I
      > would like to know if it is worth it or not.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Jon B.

      Hey Jon,
      I just bought the HF Micro mill last week. They had it in the store
      for $195.00! They are on close out special, at least they are at the
      store i went to. I bought the mill, 3 end mill holders, a set of 20
      tin coated end mills, the large set of tin coated drill bits, 4"
      drill press vice, digitail 6" dial caliper, and maybe 1 or 2 other
      small things for $390.00 out the door with tax! So fare i have spent
      most of my free time trueing up the poorly made vice & just making
      chips out of scrap steel. It works great for what i paid for it. The
      head seems to be tilting to the right about .007 when i sweeped the
      table with my dial. The only place i see to shim it is at the base
      of the column. All and all it is worth the 195 i paid, but it is
      micro and the table is only half the size of the mini. As long as
      you take your time and take light cuts on steel you can make good
      SMALL pieces.
      This is perfect for me to learn on in my cramped basement. I do plan
      to move up to a larger mill in the RF30 size when i have more room
      and money.
    • W
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
        Well, I was a little cautious on the internet order after hearing some horror stories, but ordered Sunday night, got an email this morning that it is shipping! Kinda excited, a new skill to learn.

        BTW, it was on sale on the net for $219 and $12 shipping, could not pass that up.

        Ordered the end mills I need from MSC and a 3/8-16 drawbar, holder and clamping set from Little Machine Shop, least it is a start. My jobs will be small and fairly easy, I hope.

        Thanks for all the good advice.