Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Treadmill incline motor

  • Oliver Fick
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 16, 2011

    Maybe the attachment I just prepared will help generate some ideas on how to use treadmill incline actuators in the machine shop.

  • Frank
    Message 2 of 21 , Nov 16, 2011
      I like it but the problem I see is speed. Seems like the power is there though. Is the speed governed by the motor or the controller? That may gie us some options.

      Maybe the attachment I just prepared will help generate some ideas on how to use treadmill incline actuators in the machine shop.

    • Bill Williams
      Message 3 of 21 , Nov 17, 2011
        Frank wrote:

        > I like it but the problem I see is speed. Seems like the power is there
        > though. Is the speed governed by the motor or the controller? That may
        > gie us some options.

        If the motor that is being considered is like the one I have it is a
        capacitor split induction motor and the speed is set by the line
        frequency. To get variable speed requires a VFD. Bill in Boulder