Re: Ring light for mini-mill

  • artmarbles2
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
      I've been lurking here for a while but I have to say this is really a great upgrade.

      I purchased a 120mm headlight LED ring off of Ebay that has 39 lights. Just like you I used the parts from a wall transformer and stashed them in the box on the left side of the mill and robbed power from the emergency shut off.

      I built a holder from 1/2" thick pvc scrap. It's 5" in diameter and has a recess for the light ring that is held in with high strength hot glue. It's bolted to the head of the mill using two of the three dust cover screws. I changed the stock screws to m5x20. There is also a small recess in the light holder on the back side which is clearance for the intermediate shaft.

      Thanks Astrolaf for the inspiration and guidance on this project.

      -Tim