G0704 CNC Conversion Help?

  • John Steensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 3:06 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 30 KB
    Looking for a parts list for a G0704 CNC conversion. I am in the unique position that I will be compensated for some website work with a machine and all the components I need for the CNC conversion. I need to make this as complete as possible to ensure I don't end up going too far out of pocket to finish the conversion. I do have to keep this reasonable, and would like to eventually add a power drawbar for quick tool swaps in the future as well as 4th axis capable of simple bore/threading jobs....but i can expand electronics later for that. I do want to do mach3 spindle control though. I have the C11 included to allow for that, but not sure what else I need. I will be using Hoss' Phase 1 conversion as a guide.

    Also, is it safe to run the machine without it being anchored at first until I decide where I want its final resting place to be? Is there any way to anchor it without drilling into the concrete of the garage? I rent the house, and would hate to mix concrete just to fill little holes with.

    Please see attached parts list, and if one could help me flesh it out, I would really appreciate it.

    I am also looking for a basic tooling list past what is outlined in the list for this mill - I have no mill tooling at this point. I will also get a bench grinder and bandsaw soon....this chop saw of mine just isn't going to cut it. (No pun intended.)