Re: [GrizHFMinimill] update: minimill mods & question

  • Jim E.
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2003
      Yes, it is. They're not tapered bearings, so 'preload' is a somewhat
      misleading. When I replaced one of the bearings, I tightened it snug.
      Actually, the spindle wouldn't turn on my first tightening, so I back it
      off and retightened 'til snug, using only the spanner wrench and
      ensuring that the spindle still turned when finished.

      Graciously,
      Jim
      Lakewood, CA
      All Hail Rube Goldberg!