Re:Spindle Pulley Blunder

  • A W
    Message 1 of 10 , May 25, 2011
    I have never had to follow someone elses plans and my brain and equpment gave me fits all the way, But the pulley is nearly finished and I've learned a lot along the way. Besides my blunder, this poor little Atlas/ Craftsman lathe I inherited from my father needed a lot of TLC during this project.
    (from ceasing a bushing in the back gears, finding a mystery screw on the deck, having to locking down the indexing gear, the half nut assembly nearly falling off, to almost stripping the carriage drive gearset)

    And that's not all...I created a new toolpost and a shaping bar to chip the keyway.

    Thanks for all your encouragement... I can't wait to actually use my new mill. (<--- I mentioned the mill to keep it on topic)

    Regards, Miner_49r