Enco RF30

  • Joseph Difusco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi guys! I have an opportunity to buy an Enco RF-30 for $275. What do you all think of this machine? Sorry if this is redundant; it looked like my first attempt didn't post.
    • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
        Joseph

        Snatch it out of his hand, before he changes his mind.
        Any tooling with it?

        Malcolm

        Hi guys! I have an opportunity to buy an Enco RF-30 for $275. What do you all think of this machine? Sorry if this is redundant; it looked like my first attempt didn't post.

      • Bear Boy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011

          Looks pretty heavy... and I don't know personally...but you might want to check out this link if you are going to purchase it and move it...

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
            Go over there and get it immediately. For that price, it´s a steal. Great machine, stiff as rugged with a lot of torque. And very calm due to the belt drive. Get a DRO and a power feed for it and you won´t regret it.
            Usually, it came with a primitive mill with 4 carbide inserts and a (pretty bad) angle vise. The vise can be pressed into service on the drilling machine, the milling cutter looks crude but is really o.k. in steel and aluminum. Some importers also gave away a clamping kit with this machine. That would be a very versatile way to hold large and unusual parts. In case you buy one of those kits think twice,there are the ones with 16mm studs and there are some with smaller studs, down to M8. I made T-nuts for my M8 set (from my MiniMill clone) because the clamps are smaller here and therefore won´t interfere with the milling operation on smaller parts.

            Cheers,
            Johann