Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Fresh meat joins the metal working world.

  • j5452
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
      Where do live in SA I live near Kirby JIM
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
        I live near I10 and Wurzbach in Colonies North Summit

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1464858/rand=903574153>

      • cyclicm16 <cyclic@hot.rr.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
          I'm about one hour north of Austin.
          Hopefully in the next week or two I can order some milling tools
          and start making little chips to drag around the house to piss off
          the wife.
        • cyclicm16 <cyclic@hot.rr.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
            Alright tonight I ordered a 3 inch screwless vice, some mills and
            holders, and a dial indicator set up. By Thursday I should be
            throwing some chips.
          • J.A.Freeman
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
              If you have a waterbed go get a waterbed repair kit now before you start making any chips. I never needed one till I bought my mini-lathe. The first of 3 patches I have had to make I noticed something really small sticking up from where the water was coming from. Got some tweezers and pulled out a small metal chip. All the holes have been where I lay my head so I assume chips are getting stuck in my hair. Now after using my mini-lathe I comb my hair several times before going to bed.
            • ken_mays
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6, 2003
                Welcome to the hobby!

                As a recent newcomer to the field myself, I put together a page a couple weeks ago describing the mill tooling and accessories I've bought or at least considered.

                It is geared mainly toward novices, but it should help somewhat in deciding where to spend money first.

                http://www.geocities.com/kemays/workshop/machineshop.htm
              • Dave Jarzyna
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 7, 2003
                  Ken-
                  An Excellent job and Excellent web site.
                  I suggest you post your link in our group's files section - for
                  future reference to other members & visitors.
                  Dave J Billings MT

                  --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "ken_mays" <ken_mays@y...>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 7, 2003
                    Done. I put it in the "Links" section of this group.