Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Dremel for end mill sharpening

  • Bill Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
      Clark Family wrote:
      > Re: no scanner
      >
      > A digital camera with macro capability is good for a scanner substitute
      > if you play with strong ambient light a bit to get even illumination.
      > Putting a piece of plate glass on books or magazines or wrinkled large
      > prints helps too.
      >
      > Larger prints that won't fit in one photo can be stitched together
      > nicely using this free stitching tool set in one of the planar modes
      > (PC only):
      >
      > http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/
      >

      > Enjoy,
      > Chris

      AH! I have a scanner, it just isn't hooked up and there is no place on
      the desk for it. Lack of software is also an obstacle to scanning! It's
      the camera that I lack! Bill in Boulder
    • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
        Chris

        Just come back from holiday with 3.3Gbyte of pictures, taken lots of shots to be linked into panorama pictures, investigating stitch together software.
        600 emails to catch up on, open this one and the solution to stitching them together is there in the link.

        Thank you. You must have quantum coupled to my synaptic thought neurons.