Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Dremel for end mill sharpening

  • Clark Family
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
      Re: no scanner

      A digital camera with macro capability is good for a scanner substitute
      if you play with strong ambient light a bit to get even illumination.
      Putting a piece of plate glass on books or magazines or wrinkled large
      prints helps too.

      Larger prints that won't fit in one photo can be stitched together
      nicely using this free stitching tool set in one of the planar modes
      (PC only):

      http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/

      Enjoy,
      Chris

      Bill Williams wrote:

      > Richard wrote:
      >> Thanks Bill, do you have a link to that site?
      >
      > Not a site although a Google for the HSM page will get you to an index.
      > They MAY offer a reprint service; otherwise I can either tell you the
      > gist of the design or possibly fax the pages from my collection. A PITA
      > to the man with no flatbed scanner hooked to my computer but nor
      > undoable! Bill in Boulder

    • Bill Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
        Clark Family wrote:
        > Re: no scanner
        >
        > A digital camera with macro capability is good for a scanner substitute
        > if you play with strong ambient light a bit to get even illumination.
        > Putting a piece of plate glass on books or magazines or wrinkled large
        > prints helps too.
        >
        > Larger prints that won't fit in one photo can be stitched together
        > nicely using this free stitching tool set in one of the planar modes
        > (PC only):
        >
        > http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/
        >

        > Enjoy,
        > Chris

        AH! I have a scanner, it just isn't hooked up and there is no place on
        the desk for it. Lack of software is also an obstacle to scanning! It's
        the camera that I lack! Bill in Boulder
      • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
          Chris

          Just come back from holiday with 3.3Gbyte of pictures, taken lots of shots to be linked into panorama pictures, investigating stitch together software.
          600 emails to catch up on, open this one and the solution to stitching them together is there in the link.

          Thank you. You must have quantum coupled to my synaptic thought neurons.