Skip to search.

Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Z axis lock screwy

  • W. Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      My manual didn't help, and being a noob myself... I can tell you what I
      did, but it may not be the 'correct' way. 1) set up a dial indicator
      under the head to measure vertical movement when locking the Z axis. 2)
      tightened the Z gib a little bit. 3) measured how much shift there was
      when locking the head. 4) repeated adjusting until the vertical shift I
      measured was all but gone -- checked/tweaked so that the head could
      still move freely without binding. At the "end" of the process, there
      was still about .0002"-.0005" vertical shift present that I decided I
      could not eliminate because tightening the gib further caused
      resistance/binding when moving the head.

      Bill
      rezcar240 wrote:
      > Thanks, I remember reading that somewhere. Do you have any tips on how to adjust it?

    • rezcar240
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        Thanks! I'll give it a shot. I may look in to the gas spring or counter weight setup too.