Re: Light up your mill ....from Wal-Mart

  • gunboatbay
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 4 6:01 PM
      From Chris' description, the walmart camping light is a 20 led light. There is an article on the web about building a mill light, using a 48 led camping light, which I would think would be considerably brighter. If you're interested, the 48 led light is availabe here:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-48-LED-Lantern-UFO-Camping-Tent-Umbrella-Light_W0QQitemZ300313617934QQcategoryZ36112QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4810.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D20%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D4

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Bill Williams <BWMSBLDR@...> wrote:

      > Chris, after searching in vain for this LED camping light you describe I
      > would like it if you could provide a part number or something else to
      > help find it in the local Wally-World! TIA! Bill in Boulder

    • Bill Williams
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 11 10:18 AM
        Jim E. wrote:
        > The article's only admonition is
        >
        > "Despite some manufacturer claims, LED sources are not UV and IR free. Their
        > high short wave UV output makes them particularly dangerous for art and
        > artifacts. Without significant secondary UV filtering LEDs are not acceptable
        > light sources for fugitive or fragile materials and do not meet IESNA guidelines
        > for museum lighting."
        >
        > Graciously,
        > Jim E.
        > Lakewood, CA
        > All Hail Rube Goldberg!

        Well we got hail in Lakewood! But that is good to know
        if one were to spend a lot of time in the light!
        Bill in Boulder CO, near Lakewood CO!