rigidity column The milling X2

  • francis DUFOUR
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hello,

      The milling X2 lack of rigidity in large-scale machining. I want to
      consolidate the column with a plate attached to the rear with a screw-
      keeping and setting. What do you think? if you have completed editing
      it is improving significantly. By measuring the bending I found between
      15 to 20/100 mm maximum. What gain this assembly that reduces
      deflection. If you have any drawings I am interested.
      Greetings
    • tomservo_9504
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 23, 2008
        Unfortunately, I did find it - but not at a price I am willing to
        pay. Instead I picked up a small package of hydraulic cement,
        essentially guaranteed this stuff will work and I can look up the
        strength and hardness data if I care to. It was $6 for a bit over a
        kilo, rather than $7 for 1lb of durham's (not enough) or $16 for the
        4 pound container. The 4lb container should be like $6-8!

        I wish we had ace hardware stores in my area. Unfortunately they're
        less common in Canada than in the states, to our detriment. HD/Rona/
        etc are all crap for fasteners. Just TRY to find a grade 8 fine
        thread bolt up here at a 'regular' hardware store.