Re: Suitable or not??

  • kylejoiner
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hello,

      Although the 7075 is quite strong, the other factor is the modulus of
      elasticity or stiffness of the material. Aluminum is only about 1/3
      as stiff as steel so you would need to take that into account in the
      design of the vice since you don't want the fixed jaw to deflect when
      you clamp a part in place.

      Kyle

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "metalshaper03" <dagwood@...>