Re: Belt drive regrets

  • belmont91
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2008
      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Barry Young <barryjyoung@...>
      wrote:

      Hi John:
      I cut steel with my belt drive minimill head. Probably
      not the best for titanium, Inconel or Hastelloy, but I
      don't cut those at home.
      Barry
      --- belmont91 <caines1@...> wrote:

      mailto:GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > Be a better friend, newshound, and

      Thanks for your replies and advice, I'm convinced, and I'll do a
      conversion based on Jerry Rollet's design which I've downloaded, might
      even get ambitious and try and cut the keyway as John Rudd recommends,
      but using my 100 year old Drummond hand shaper, I'll try it out first
      on some scrap and if I don't succeed I'll use the existing spacer as
      done by John Pitkin.
      John