Re: [GrizHFMinimill] TIR of minimill spindle?

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
      Hi Ken:

      The runout on my minimill measured with a drill blank
      in a collet is within .0002 inch.

      Barry

      --- ozarkshermit@... wrote:
      > I am considering purchase of a HF minimill to use as
      > a precision
      > drillpress. I wonder if anyone (more than one)
      > member has checked for
      > runout at the end of the spindle? This will
      > certainly vary from
      > machine to machine, chuck used, etc. I am just
      > looking for a general
      > consensus.
      >
      > tia
      >
      > Ken

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Rick Kruger
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
        Can't stress enough these comments about getting a good quality chuck, such
        as a *good* Jacobs, not the $10 special that can be had. Get the Jacobs
        that goes from 0 - 1/2".

        Also, I doubt you will be able to use the R8 arbor that comes with the
        mill. The minimills typically come with a taper on the drill chuck side of
        the arbor that is NOT JT33. Plan on getting an R8 arbor that matches the
        drill chuck you buy.

        Rick K.
        Portland, OR