Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Question on gear change lever?

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
      Hi All:
      On my HF minimill (changed to true inch lead screws) I notice the speed
      change lever does not go all the way from vertical to horizontal. I am
      wondering if something is "hung up" or if it designed that way?

      John Meacham
      California High Desert
      12 inch Atlas, Minimill, rusty file
    • Dave Audette
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
        John,

        Mine doesn't either but as long as the gears engage positively then there
        isn't a problem/ Sometime you may have to rotate the spindle a few degrees
        to get the teeth to mesh properly and that will cause the handle to hang-up,
        try that and see if it engages any better. If you;re fully engaged and the
        handle still isn't in the full up or down position then I wouldn't worry
        about it. All of the mills are a little dofferent and it's the gear
        engagement that counts rather than handle position but you'll want to cycle
        it from hi to low a few times to loosen it up and find out just where the
        engagement point is for your particular mill.

        Dave
        Worcester, Mass
        www.broncosaurus.net