just to fill dead air space....

  • shindin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2002
      i like my grizz so much, i am getting a second one.... i must be
      living right!
      actually, the main reason for this post, is an old problem i was
      experiencing a while back.... my mill would sometimes "surge", kind
      of like i was "blipping" the speed control real fast and then going
      back to the original running speed..... along the same time frame, i
      started getting a knocking, almost like shaking up a can of spray
      paint that has the little marbles in it...... come to fine out, the
      two problems were actually the same thing..... the keyway on the
      motor shaft is fine, but the keyway inside the motor gear was opened
      up a bit...... you could move it around pretty easily. i got the
      replacement gears @ lms.com, and replaced it.... what a difference,
      it's like having a whole new machine..... and at the same time as it
      eliminated the noise, and smoothed out everything in general, it also
      stopped the motor surge problem...... just fyi.....