Industrial Hobbies Mill

  • Ray Livingston
    Message 1 of 91 , Oct 19, 2007
      I'm giving serious consideration to springing for an Industrial
      Hobbies mill. My only reservation (other than the price) is the 1600
      RPM maximum spindle speed. I do plan to immediately do a pretty high-
      end CNC conversion (double-nut ballscrews, etc). I don't really need
      really high speed, but I'm not sure how much of a limitation this will
      be, and don't want to find myself a few months later wishing I had a
      higher speed spindle.
      The #1 alternative is the G0519, with a VFD, but that, of course,
      is a less robust machine, with a considerably smaller work envelope.
      Any opinions?

      Regards,
      Ray L.
      Message 91 of 91 , Oct 31, 2007
        This thread has gone too far guys. Let's get back on
        topic please.

        Thank you

        Barry Young

        http://crookedtimber.org/2005/04/02/whats-so-crunchy-in-your-snack/