Re: spindle still tight - WARNING!

  • nkefalas@alum.mit.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2001
      A couple of good raps won't do any harm. Especially if you lower
      the head all the way down to reduce bending modes to the column.
      The head takes more abuse over time from getting hit with a mallet
      on the drawbar to separate it than this. Then again, I guess every
      person would have a different image of the words "hit hard".

      I would still go ahead and give a few good raps. If it doesn't pop
      out, don't force it ! Like I said earlier, send it back. I know its a
      pain to re-pack, your talking to a man that had to send his G4000 9x20
      back to Grizzly twice ! That was 300 lbs !

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/