Re: E-Bay rip-off merchant

  • Henry Arnold
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
      I will not buy anything from an EBay seller with a rating of less than
      99%. 1 in 100 unhappy buyers is big indication to me of a seller that
      has a problem working with customers and keeping their promises.

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Ewing" <tewing49@...> wrote:

      > I have bought several items from this Ebayer and never had the first
      > problem, everthing was a discribed and received quickly. I see he
      > does have almost 600 negative feedbacks but his overall rating is
      > 98.9%. I would and will order again when I see something I like. Just
      > my experence.
      >
      > Tom
      > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "mardtrp" <mardtrp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have a look at this site, you won't believe what your reading.
      > >
      > > http://www.ohojimsucks.com/
      > >
      > > This site is from a very disgruntled buyer, so if your thinking of
      > > buying from this joker, then the old saying of buyer beware, sure
      > > takes on a new meaning.

    • Druid Noibn
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
        Hi ALL,

        I'm replying to my own reply - Let's Kill this thread before we go too far off-topic - warnings and commendation were noted.

        Let's say that we all need to be aware of our buying habits.

        Take care,
        DBN

        Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:
        Hi,
        I know of this vendor (did not buy anything) and do not consider them or their ilk worthy of consideration.  This seller uses far to many unrelated descriptors in the offerings causing far to many of their wares to appear on a search.  Also, the price/quality of the items is suspect.
        Buy your milling, lathe and other machinist material from good supply shops and bookstores.
        I am told eBay allows sellers to block certain buyers (I do not know if this is true) but if so, buyers should be permitted to tick-off a seller ID and prohibit their wares from being displayed.
        My penny's worth.
        Take care,
        DBN

        mardtrp <mardtrp@yahoo. com> wrote:
        Have a look at this site, you won't believe what your reading.

        http://www.ohojimsu cks.com/

        This site is from a very disgruntled buyer, so if your thinking of
        buying from this joker, then the old saying of buyer beware, sure
        takes on a new meaning.

      • michael hansen
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
          I asked earlier about mill accessories such as bits and drills.

          Any advice on a good vise for the mill?  (I'm looking through my Enco catalog)

          Mike

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
            I am fairly certain the poster of this message meant
            well.

            This is not a forum intended to bash bad ebay sellers.
            It is for amateur machinists. This could get out of
            hand in a hurry.

            Normally I would have caught a post like this and
            nailed it, but I have been working 12 hour shifts and
            then coming home to work on getting my CNC machine
            finished so I have not looked for a couple of days.

            Please try to keep your topics in some way related to
            amateur machining. If you see a post that is way off
            topic, don't answer it.

            Thank you

            Barry Young
            List owner
            --- mardtrp <mardtrp@...> wrote:

            > Have a look at this site, you won't believe what
            > your reading.
            >
            > http://www.ohojimsucks.com/
            >
            > This site is from a very disgruntled buyer, so if
            > your thinking of
            > buying from this joker, then the old saying of buyer
            > beware, sure
            > takes on a new meaning.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > mailto:GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Got a little couch potato?
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
              Hi Ray:

              I have had very good results going through safe harbor
              three different times when I had trouble with sellers.

              Having sold more than 5000 items on Ebay, I can assure
              you that it is not all rosy for sellers either.

              Barry Young

              http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/